Jobs at ICR
The Institute for Creation Research has a long history of hiring the best and brightest for our work in the fields of scientific research, education, publishing, and other areas vital to the successful communication of our message.
Editor (On-site only)
Are you an editorial maestro with an eagle-eyed focus on detail and a flair for creativity? We're on the lookout for an Editor extraordinaire who not only navigates the intricate landscape of publishing processes with finesse but also brings a fresh perspective to every piece of content. Your ability to weave original, engaging narratives is matched only by your exceptional editing skills. If you're a wordsmith who understands the nuances of public relations and thrives on crafting content that captivates, we want you to join our team. If you're ready to bring a meticulous eye, boundless creativity, and a gift for storytelling to our dynamic group, apply now and become a part of a team that leaves a lasting impression!
As a vital member of the Communications team, you will create resources for ICR, including books, magazines, devotionals, brochures and pamphlets, news articles, children’s resources, and other print and digital publications. The Editor will contribute in the following areas: submissions and acquisitions, digital content development, new product development, developmental and line editing, content creation, writing, marketing, copywriting, contracts, permissions, and other aspects of publishing. The Editor must be able to communicate complex ideas to general audiences while creating compelling and marketable content for ICR’s printed and online resources. Must have exceptional editing and writing skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Line editing and developmental editing; exceptional attention to detail
- Write original, innovative, engaging content for print communications pieces and publications, including ICR articles, books, devotionals, promotional materials, press releases, and public statements
- Create engaging copy for print ads, book covers, marketing blurbs, and other publishing promotional materials
- Assist with content management and development
- Work closely with the Sr. Design Manager and Sr. Publishing Manager to develop content storyboards and resources
- Ensure proper use of images in published materials, both educational and commercial
- Respond to permissions and interview requests
- Work with other departments within the organization to fulfill content requests; edit and review other departments’ written communications as needed
- Edit and review ICR’s printed periodicals Acts & Facts and Days of Praise
- Edit and review ICR’s published books
- Review submissions and communicate with authors involved in the ICR publishing process
- Edit, prepare, and schedule online news articles
- Provide support for Communications team projects
- Other duties as required
- Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (flexibility available – will discuss)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, marketing, English, or a communications-related field
- Experience in freelance or traditional publishing (children’s resources, eBooks, and audiobooks a plus)
- At least three years prior communications, writing, and/or editorial experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills, team player, able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Agreement with ICR’s core principles and mission
- Written testimony of salvation
Additional Preferred Abilities
- Knowledge of the fundamental issues involved in the creation-evolution debate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Vellum
- Experience in public relations, promotions, copywriting, and marketing
Note: This position overview is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Resumes may be submitted via email to email@example.com, or via fax to 214-615-8297.
For questions regarding employment with ICR, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org