Publications Submission Guidelines
If you're looking for media or video submission requirements, click here.
News Article Submission Requirements
Want to write for ICR? Please submit your one-page query letter along with your 600-word (or less) news article on the creation science topic of your choice to submissions@ICR.org.
Please include the following in your one-page query letter:
- Topic of your article
- Why you are the person to write the article; include your credentials
- How you are acquainted with ICR
- Your best writing
News article requirements:
- Your article must be original, unpublished writing.
- The topic must be related to the creation-evolution debate. Select a topic from Phys.org or ScienceDaily.com
- Try to maintain a similar style to our other news articles.
- Send your article as a Microsoft Word document.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Cite references in Chicago Style and limit to five or less.
- Remember to keep the article to no more than 600 words.
Book Submission Requirements
If you would like ICR to consider your manuscript for publication, please start by emailing a one-page query letter to submissions@ICR.org, and we will contact you if we’d like to see a full proposal. Response within three months.
Your query should include:
- Author name, phone number, and email address
- Very brief introduction of yourself, focusing on any relevant qualifications
- Existing author platforms and any associated statistics (followers, views, engagement, speaking events, etc.)
- Publishing history, if any
- Suggested title of book
- Short summary of your book
- Your intended audience and why they should read your book
If after viewing your query letter, we request a proposal, here’s what it should include:
- The topic of your book and what it contributes to its field
- The intended audience
- Estimated word count and timetable for completion
- Your CV or background, with complete contact information
- Why you are the person to write this book
- The first three chapters of your manuscript
- The table of contents with a one-paragraph summary or brief outline of each chapter
- Marketing plans for the proposed book
- Existing author platforms
- Your current speaking schedule, if any
If your proposal is accepted, we will request the full manuscript. The manuscript must:
- Be original, unpublished writing
- Cover topics related to the creation-evolution debate, the Bible, and/or Christian faith
- Be formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font, and double spaced in a Microsoft Word document
- Follow the guidelines in The Chicago Manual of Style for formatting, citations, etc.
- Be accompanied by all necessary permissions for use of outside material included in the manuscript