Jobs at ICR
The Institute for Creation Research has a long history of hiring the best and brightest for our work in the fields of scientific research, education, publishing, and other areas vital to the successful communication of our message.
Facilities Assistant (On-site only)
The Facilities Assistant position is an important role that supports ICR and the ICR Discovery Center. In this role it is expected you will assist in looking after the equipment, facilities, and associated systems of ICR through regular preventative maintenance, renovation, repair and replacement as needed. You should be able to move throughout the ICR campus unsupervised. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate basic working knowledge of proper safety procedures, general tool knowledge, the ability to work a flexible schedule, possess a sense of urgency, and be capable of completing tasks effectively and efficiently.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Responding to repair and facility requests in a timely manner
- Directly perform regular facility and equipment inspections for safety, performance and appearance
- Perform duties while maintaining a professional work environment and a Christ honoring attitude
- Engage outside vendors to perform or assist with repairs and replacement of any facility concerns
- Ensure equipment is safe and in good working condition at all times
- Maintain records and documents of work completed
- Experience and knowledge of general maintenance, plumbing, and electrical work
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A high level of observation and attention to detail
- Must be able to follow dress code and maintain a professional appearance
- Demonstrate personal integrity & responsibility
- Written testimony of salvation
- Knowledge of ICR and agreement with our core principles and purposes
- A personable, friendly, and hospitable personality that enjoys serving others
- The ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be physically fit and able to perform other tasks requiring moderate physical strength
- Prior knowledge of the tools and equipment necessary to perform maintenance type work
- Available to work various hours each week, as we are open 6 days
- Proven experience in facilities &/or maintenance environments
Note: This position overview is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Resumes may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax to 214-615-8297.
For questions regarding employment with ICR, please email: email@example.com