In conjunction with the Creation Training Initiative, the Institute for Creation Research will host the Christian Educators Conference at the ICR Discovery Center for Science and Earth History. ICR President, Dr. Randy Guliuzza will join Mr. Mike Riddle and Dr. Anthony Silvestro from the Creation Training Initiative and Mr. Dan Kreft “the Seven Foot Apologist”, in leading the sessions in this conference.
Dates: Jun 8, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021
Group rates for churches and Christian educators:
Groups of 1 – 4 people: $85.00 / person.
Groups of 5 – 9 people: $75.00 / person.
Groups of 10 or more: $60.00 / person.
Seating is limited, so register early!
The cost of the course includes a training manual, and admission into the ICR Discovery Center Exhibit Hall. Registration can be made by clicking here.
About This Event
Creation Training Initiative’s Christian Educators Conference spans parts of four days, and is designed to provide Christian educators with the awareness, knowledge, and importance of Biblical apologetics and that it is essential to equip the next generation with this knowledge so that they can defend their faith and be better prepared to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with confidence. This conference is intended for Christian educators, and will include lectures, class participation, and exercises. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and learn how to teach your students about creation vs evolution, and how to help them to defend their faith. In collaboration with ACSI, Christian school teachers who attend this conference will be eligible to receive three CEUs.
The Christian Educators Conference starts at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 8th and concludes on Friday, June 11th, at 12:00 p.m. Please plan to arrive early on Tuesday, or stay late on Friday to experience the ICR Discovery Center Exhibit Hall (included in your registration) and Planetarium (tickets sold separately).
Outline of Topics
Defining the Biblical Worldview
• What makes up a worldview?
• How to make a definition
• Definition of the biblical worldview
Critical Thinking Skills
• The critical thinking method
• 3 critical thinking questions
• A power question
• Fuzzy words and magic words
• Critical thinking in biology
-- Darwin’s finches, peppered moths, fruit fly
-- Antibiotic resistance
-- Tadpole to frog and caterpillar to butterfly
The Bible and the Issue of Time
• Basic hermeneutics (5 rules)
• Examining 10 evidences the days were literal days
Handling Common Objections part 1: Dinosaurs and the Bible
• 4 things to know about dinosaurs
1. Where did they come from?
2. When did they live?
3. What happened to them?
4. Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible?
Handling Common Objections part 2: Biblical Objections to Literal Days
• 2 Peter 3:8
• The word “day” can have different meanings
• If God used evolution …
• Is Genesis poetry or real history?
• What if we use modern science to interpret Scripture?
• What does the word “apologetics” mean?
• Definition of biblical apologetics
• Scripture and the use of apologetics?
-- 1 Peter 3:15
-- Jude 3
-- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
• Jesus and Paul
• Apologetics is a vital component of evangelism
• Types of apologetics
-- Evidential (evidence based)
-- Classical (philosophy and evidence)
Answering biblical challenges
-- Who did Cain marry?
-- How could the first three days be literal days if the sun was not created until day 4?
-- How could Adam name all the animals in one day?
-- How could Noah fit all the animals on the Ark?
• Christianity’s greatest challenge – the problem of evil and a good God
• Have scientists proven the Bible wrong?
• Prove to me God exists
Foundations in Science (Keeping it simple)
• The origin of life
• The mechanisms for change (mutations and natural selection)
• 4 things to know about dating rocks and fossils
• Examining the past – the fossil record
• Educating for success
• The Sunday school program – what is a win?
ICR Discovery Center for Science & Earth History
1830 Royal Lane
Dallas, TX 75229
For more information or to register, please call 859.250.7987 or email Creation Training Initiative.