“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” (1 John 5:4)
The power behind our overcoming victory is none other than the presence of the Holy Spirit of God who indwells the twice-born (1 John 4:4) because of “our faith.”
Much has been recorded by the apostle John about the basis of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God who came in the flesh to lay down His life as the propitiation for our sins. The completion of His work in us will be realized at His coming: “When he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).
These great truths are the foundational anchor that keeps our faith strong and our hope secure in Christ. Yet there is much more to come.
• We will “not be hurt of the second death” (Revelation 2:11).
• We will be given “a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it” (Revelation 2:17).
• We will have “power over the nations” (Revelation 2:26).
• We will “be clothed in white raiment” and confessed before the heavenly Father and His angels (Revelation 3:5).
• We will be made “a pillar in the temple” of God, and “shall go no more out” (Revelation 3:12).
• We will be granted “to sit” with the Lord Jesus on His throne (Revelation 3:21).
• We will “inherit all things” (Revelation 21:7).
Is it any wonder that John spoke of our “victory” that awaits us when we have “overcome” the world? May God grant us the steadfast faith to “occupy” until He comes (Luke 19:13). HMM III
Days of Praise Podcast is a podcast based on the Institute for Creation Research quarterly print devotional, Days of Praise. Start your day with devotional readings written by Dr. Henry Morris, Dr. Henry Morris III, and Dr. John Morris to strengthen and encourage you in your Christian faith.