|Dr. Brian Thomas|
|Dinosaurs, Problems with Evolution, Human Origins|
Brian Thomas received a master’s in biotechnology in 1999 from Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, and a Ph.D. in paleobiochemistry in 2019 from the University of Liverpool. He taught junior high and high school at Christian schools in Texas, as well as biology, chemistry, and anatomy as an adjunct and assistant professor at Dallas-area universities. In 2008 Dr. Thomas joined the Institute for Creation Research as a science writer and editor, contributing news and magazine articles, speaking on creation issues, and researching original tissue fossils. He was appointed as Research Associate in 2019 and Research Scientist in 2021. He is the author of Dinosaurs and the Bible, co-author of Parks Across America: Viewing God's Wonders Through a Creationist Lens, and a contributor to Guide to Creation Basics, Creation Basics & Beyond, Guide to Dinosaurs, Guide to the Human Body, Guide to the Universe, and Dinosaurs: God’s Mysterious Creatures. His dissertation, Ancient and Fossil Bone Collagen Remnants, is available in book form.
Available resources by Brian Thomas
- Ancient and Fossil Bone Collagen Remnants
- Dinosaurs and the Bible book
- Parks Across America: Viewing God's Wonders Through a Creationist Lens
- Discovering Dinosaurs: Five Details from Fossils and History DVD
- Dinosaurs on Display: A Fossil Walk with the Beasts of the Earth DVD
- Guide to Creation Basics
- Creation Basics & Beyond
- Guide to Dinosaurs
- Guide to the Human Body
- Guide to the Universe
- Dinosaurs: God’s Mysterious Creatures
Technical Journal Publications
- Cserhati, M., B. Thomas, and J. Tay. 2020. Hierarchical clustering in dinosaur baraminology studies. Journal of Creation. 34 (3): 53-63.
- Thomas, B. and S. Taylor. 2019. Proteomes of the Past: The Pursuit of Proteins in Paleontology. Expert Review of Proteomics. 16 (11-12): 881-895.
- Thomas, B., S. Taylor, and K. Anderson. 2019. Some strengths and weaknesses of the polymer shield explanation for soft tissue fossils. Journal of Creation. 33 (2): 9-12.
- Cupps, V. R. and B. Thomas. 2019. Deep Time Philosophy Impacts Radiocarbon Measurements. Creation Research Society Quarterly. 55 (4): 212-222.
- Thomas, B. and J. Sarfati. 2018. Researchers remain divided over 'feathered dinosaurs.' Journal of Creation. 32 (1): 121-127.
- Thomas, B. 2017. Two date range options for Noah's Flood. Journal of Creation. 31(1): 120-127.
- Thomas, B. and V. Nelson. 2015. Radiocarbon in Dinosaur and Other Fossils. Creation Research Society Quarterly. 51: 299-311.
- Thomas, B. 2015. Original Biomaterials in Fossils. Creation Research Society Quarterly. 51: 234-347.
- Thomas, B. and J. Tomkins. 2014. How reliable are genomes from ancient DNA? Journal of Creation. 28 (3): 92-98.
- Thomas, B. 2013. A Review of Original Tissue Fossils and Their Age Implications. In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Creationism. M. Horstmeyer, ed. Pittsburgh, PA: Creation Science Fellowship.
- Thomas, B. 2012. The authoritative dinosaur book: A review of Dinosaur Challenges and Mysteries by Michael J. Oard. Journal of Creation. 26 (3): 38-39.
- Thomas, B. 2010. Making sense of how an atheist is made: A review of The Making of an Atheist by James S. Spiegel. Journal of Creation. 24 (3): 29-31.
- Thomas, B. 2010. Oblivious to the obvious: dragons lived with American Indians: A review of Fossil Legends of the First Americans by Adrienne Mayor. Journal of Creation. 24 (1): 32-34.
- Thomas, B. 2008. The god of evolution: A review of God and the New Atheism by John F. Haught. Journal of Creation. 22 (3): 35-37.
- Thomas, B. 2005. Conservation ethics based on evolution?: A review of The Future of Life by Edward O. Wilson. Journal of Creation. 19 (2): 58-61.
- Thomas, B. 2019. Medieval artists saw extinct reptiles: more evidence. Creation. 41 (1): 12-15.
- Thomas, B. 2016. Rats, bats and pitcher plants. Creation. 38 (1): 18-19.
- Thomas, B. 2015. Solid Answers on Soft Tissue. Answers Magazine. 10 (1): 36-38.
- Thomas, B. 2013. Original Animal Protein in Fossils? Creation. 35 (1): 14-16.
- Thomas, B. 2009. ATP synthase: majestic molecular machine made by a mastermind. Creation. 31 (4): 21-23.