With the rise of the Internet as the principal source of information and communication, this era we are living in has rightly been called the "age of information." Information in every field of study and practice, once dispersed only through books and periodicals, is now instantly available to millions at little or no cost to the user. And with the easy ability of our cell phones and other wireless devices to access the Internet, this vast storehouse of information is quite literally at our fingertips.
Sadly, much of the information being disseminated might better be called "disinformation," just as much of what is called science is really "science falsely so called" (1 Timothy 6:20). And yet, the Internet can--and should--be greatly used by Christians to reach the world for Christ our Creator.
Since the mid-1990s, ICR has held a significant web presence to combat evolutionary disinformation with right-thinking worldviews, biblical analysis, and sound scientific research. Judging by the thousands of personal testimonies and emails we have received, it is clear God has abundantly blessed this vital aspect of ICR's ministry. And while our website has undergone numerous changes and transformations to improve its effectiveness, we are most excited by our latest upgrade.
For the first time in our web-history, ICR is pleased to offer GiftLegacy as a wonderful addition to our main website. This exciting new resource can be accessed at www.icr.org/give and provides truly interactive planned giving tools for our financial supporters and the professional advisors who serve them. You will find a wealth of information to help you reduce taxes and increase your income while also providing vital support to Christ-centered ministries like ICR. Here are just a few of the features to take advantage of:
- Read donor stories and timely articles on the benefits of planned giving
- Educate yourself on gift annuities, IRA rollover gifts, trusts, and wills
- Use the interactive gift calculator to test which giving plan is right for you
- Create your own personal illustrations, complete with graphics and audio
- Sign up for our free Donor eNewsletter to stay informed on ways you can help
For Professional Advisors
- Use charitable deduction calculators to ensure the best results for your clients
- Access GiftLaw, a complete charitable giving and tax information service
- Review actual case studies and timely news articles on tax and finance topics
- Stay informed on vital planned giving issues through our free Advisor eNewsletter
Without a sound planned giving strategy in place, the assets you leave behind will be taxed and disbursed by the courts in a manner that may leave much less to your heirs and charitable interests than you would wish. For the sake of your family and the principles of godly stewardship, please don't let that happen to you. ICR invites you to log on and explore the ways you can join the ranks of those who are now "abounding" with us "in the work of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58), while also personally benefiting from life income gifts, gift annuities, and other plans. We promise your co-labor with us will not be in vain, and will produce everlasting dividends for the sake of the Kingdom.
* Mr. Morris is Director of Donor Relations at the Institute for Creation Research.
Cite this article: Morris IV, H. 2009. GiftLegacy. Acts & Facts. 38 (8): 21.