Dinosaur Soft Tissue Preserved by Blood?
Scientists suggest they have solved the problem of how soft tissues like dinosaur blood vessels could have persisted for millions of years. Do their results really back up that claim? More...
Dinosaur Youngster Looks Like Dragon Figurines
A recently excavated juvenile dinosaur in Canada appears to be one-of-a kind. It also resembles some curious human artifacts from the other side of the world. More...
Which Came First--the Spear or its Thrower?
Scientists age-dated a cache of stone-tipped throwing spears from Ethiopia's Gademotta Formation at 280,000 years old. This find appears to pierce the conventional story of human evolution—a narrative about modern man evolving from some pre-human type only 200,000 years ago. How will this date discrepancy be resolved? More...
Tibetan Cat Fossil: A Tall Tale?
Researchers claim to have found the world's oldest big cat fossil in Tibet. They dated their snow leopard skull discovery at around 4.4 million years. But did they get this number through direct and objective scientific procedures? More...
Delicate Balance in DNA Production
What would happen if the DNA construction site was overwhelmed with too many—or underwhelmed by too few—nucleotides? Scientists recently discovered the disturbing answer. More...
Questionable Dating of Bloody Mosquito Fossil
The discovery of fresh blood in a spectacular mosquito fossil strongly contradicts its own "scientific" age assignment of 46 million years. What dating method did scientists use, and did it really generate reliable results? More...
Secrets from the Most Distant Galaxy
An international team recently announced discovery of the most distant galaxy ever seen and claimed they were viewing this galaxy at "an epoch only 700 million years after the Big Bang." How does one leap from a distant light measurement to construing millions of years and a Big Bang history? More...
- Counting Earth's Age in Lightning Strikes
- New 'Human' Fossil Borders on Fraud
- Incredible Microprocessor Protein Acts as Genome Guardian
- Human-like Fossil Menagerie Stuns Scientists
- Did Sea Slugs Evolve to Steal Genes?
- Newfound Nitrogen Harmony Saves Tropical Forest Trees
- British Pre-Roman Roads Lead to Genesis
- Impact Theory of Moon's Origin Fails
- Bloody Mosquito Fossil Supports Recent Creation
- Sun Paradox Challenges Old Earth Theory
- Recent Earthquake Spawns New Island
- Was Toxic Protein Once Good?
- Global Warming Halts, Arctic Ice Multiplies
- 'smORFs': Functional Little Genome Gems Confront Evolution