“For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills” (Psalm 50:10).
What does God own? What belongs to Him? What does God say is “mine”? The answer to these questions is quite simple—everything!
- God owns the animal creation, as in our text: “I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine” (v.11).
- God owns the world: “If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof” (v.12).
- God owns the wealth of the world: “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts” (Haggai 2:8).
- God owns the land of Palestine: “The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine” (Leviticus 25:23).
- God owns all souls: “Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine” (Ezekiel 8:4).
It would be helpful if we could continually remember Paul’s familiar words: “My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). Not some, or most, but all! NPS