Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
The Lord has given His children so many "good and perfect" gifts. Stewards have never been more needed than in this day, this hour, this moment! Not reluctant, apathetic stewards, but stewards with eager, grateful hearts who long to serve Him, preserve His Word, and share His love. Consider how much God gave:
- His Son, our Living Water (John 4:14; John 7:38)
- His Word (John 17:8, 17)
- His Instruction (Exodus 31:18; John 12:47-50)
- His Covenants (Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 10:12-18)
- His Precious Gifts: time, talents, resources (Isaiah 44:3; Philippians 4:19)
- Power over Satan (James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8-9; 1 John 4:4)
- Peace and Rest (Psalm 4:8; Matthew 11:28, 29)
- His Commandments: the Law (Psalm 19:7-11)
- His Preserving Care (Genesis 28:15; Philippians 1:6)
- Our Inheritance (Ephesians 1:11; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- A New Heart (Psalm 51:10; Ephesians 4:24)
- All Things (Acts 17:25; 2 Peter 1:3-4)
God commanded us to be faithful stewards (Luke 12:35-38, 42 and Titus 1:7), not embezzling stewards (Luke 16:1-12), and not unjust stewards (Luke 16:1-9). We are to be stewards of all He has given us--by our faith, by our obedience to His Word, by the way we use His gifts, by the exercise of His power through prayer, and by appropriating His peace, His care, and His promises.
Every gift from Him requires our faithful attention. Thank you for sharing your gifts with ICR on the Lord's behalf. Pray that we will tend them well and so honor Him!
* Eileen Turner is Director of Administrative Services at the Institute for Creation Research.
Cite this article: Turner, E. 2007. Hearts of Gratitude. Acts & Facts. 36 (9): 17.