How to Search
- In the box at the top of the page, enter one or more search terms.
- Click the blue circle to the right of the box.
Advanced Search Tools
- At the left column of the page, click on "Advanced Search"
- Enter one or more search terms into one of the search fields.
- You may change "page type" from "All" to a specific type (e.g. Articles, Bible, etc.).
- Click the "Search" box.
All searching is case-insensitive. For example, the term "Lord" will match "lord" or "LORD"
When using the Advanced Search Tools, there are four fields available to enter your search terms. This specifies "how" you want to search.
- all of these words (AND) - This search field will find pages that have all of the search terms. The resulting pages can have the terms in any order and have other words between the terms. For example: the terms "Creator God" would match "God is our creator".
- this exact phrase (EXACT) - This search field will find pages that have all the search terms, in order and without anything between the terms on the pages that are found. For example: "Creator God" would only match "Creator God".
- any of these words (OR) - This search field will find pages that have all of the search terms. "Simple search" uses this field by default. For example: the terms "Creator God" would match "Creator", "God" or "God is our creator".
- none of these words (NOT) - This search field will exclude pages that have any of the search terms.
You can specify "what" you want to search. "Type of Page" is set to "All Types" by default and searches all pages of the ICR website. This can be set to any of the following types to limit the search to that specific type.
ICR's archive of nearly forty years of articles can be searched by entering search terms (per above) and selecting "Type of Pages" to "Articles"; or you can restrict your search using the following fields:
- Date Range - Enter MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. "1/31/2008") or you can click on the calendar icon to select a date. This can be left blank for an unrestricted beginning or ending date.
- Author - This will restrict the search to only those articles by that specific author.
- Categories - This will restrict the search to the specified article category. For example: Impact, Days of Praise, etc.
Verses found in search results are linked to the Hebrew and Greek definitions from Strong's Concordance.
- Section - By default, the whole Bible is searched. You can specify a specific book of the Bible.